Posts

ABRAHAM KOTEI ELECTS AS NEW GBA PRESIDENT

Image
GBA and stakeholders  Decided yesterday for a new leader to lead the Ghana Boxing Authority and is no other person than in the name of Abraham Kotei Neequaye who came out victoriously in the polls 54 over Dr.Henry Manly Spain who grabbed 46 in the polls        The Congress took place at the Bukom Boxing Arena,Mudor Conference July 22,2021 and it was a beautiful moment as old renowned boxers Azumah Nelson,Ike Bazooka Quartey,Nana Konadu where all in attendance to cast their vote for a new leader that will lead the Ghana boxing to another level.       Mr Kwame Ampofi Jr who is the Deputy Director General and acting of Teqball technical division of the National Sports Authority made a speech that putting the image of Ghana very high when it comes to boxing,it is the desire of the Director General Professor Peter Twumasi we will get another set of leadership that will sustain that discipline that has been established and they will have leaders that wi...

Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury winner will be challenged by elite contender Otto Wallin, says promoter Dmitriy Salita

 Otto Wallin has joined Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury as "elite heavyweights" and will make "scary" progress towards a world title fight, says promoter Dmitriy Salita. The Swedish contender produced a career-best performance last weekend, sealing a dominant points win over Dominic Breazeale, who had only previously been beaten by Joshua and Deontay Wilder. Wallin emerged with credit from his only setback, a battling points loss to Fury in September 2019, and Salita believes the 30-year-old is back in contention with the division's best fighters. "Otto did a great job on Saturday night establishing himself as the top, elite heavyweight in the world," Salita told Sky Sports. "Otto is on the same level as Joshua and Fury. The scary part is that he keeps getting better." Joshua says he is 'ready' to finalise an undisputed world title fight against Fury in June, with a variety of countries still being considered to stage the blockbuster ba...

Teofimo Lopez: I’ll Fight The Top Guys After My Mandatory

Image
Teofimo Lopez puts the top lightweights on hold while he defends against his IBF mandatory George Kambosos Jr next. The boxing fans don’t understand that move, as they don’t want to see Teofimo (16-0, 12 KOs) take soft fights against a fighter that they don’t rate. Fans want to see Teofimo take on Devin Haney, Ryan Garcia, Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis, or Vasily Lomachenko. The way that Teofimo’s ego has gotten out of control since beating an injured Vasily Lomachenko last year suggests to some that he’s become a diva and is ducking the best. People feel that Teofimo uses the IBF mandatory against Kambosos as an excuse to take an easy fight. While Teofimo insists that the mandatory was due, fans believe he could have steered around it if he wanted. Teofimo Putting The Top 135-Pounders On Hold “I’ll get after these guys after my mandatory,” said Teofimo to Fighthype when asked about when is he going to fight Haney, Ryan Garcia, and Tank Davis. “In the meantime, let them fight, let them look go...

Richard Commey Stops Jackson Marinez In Round 6

Image
  Former IBF World Lightweight Champion proved to be too strong and too powerful for Jackson Marinez.   Commey scored two knockdowns in the sixth, the second of which convinced referee Kenny Bayless to stop the fight at 2:35 of the sixth. It was another reminder that Ghana’s Commey (30-3, 27 KOs) remains one of the hardest hitters in the division—and it also puts the 33-year-old back in the mix for a world title shot at 135-pounds.   Undefeated, unified world lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez, who beat Commey for the IBF strap in December 2019, was on hand at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, offering support to his one-time opponent throughout the fight and congratulating him afterward. This was Commey’s first bout since that loss and the 14-month ring rust showed early on. Marinez (19-2, 7 KOs) might have won the first two rounds by using his jab and footwork. The 30-year-old Dominican last fought in August, losing a controversial decision to Rolando Romero for the WBA inter...

GHANA BOXING LUMINARIES OFFER WELL-WISHES TO RICHARD COMMEY

Image
  Commey (29-3, 26 KOs), the former IBF world lightweight champion, will have the full support of his native Ghana when he returns to the ring against smooth-boxing Jackson Marinez (19-1, 7 KOs) this Saturday, February 13, in the main event of Top Rank Boxing on ESPN, live from Las Vegas, Nevada.   Check out Ghana boxing notables as they offer their well-wishes, prayers and advice to their compatriot as he prepares for another world title run.

Josh Warrington let out a battle roar after making weight for Saturday's fight with Mauricio Lara

Image
  Josh Warrington let out a battle roar and hinted at a ruthless victory after making weight for his crucial featherweight clash with Mauricio Lara. The unbeaten 30-year-old tipped the scales at 125lbs, with his Mexican opponent also matching that weight ahead of their fight at The SSE Arena on Saturday night,  live on Sky Sports After being absent from the ring for 16 months, Warrington admits his next career move hinges on a must-win meeting with Lara. Max stake varies. See bet slip for details. Odds subject to fluctuation. Further T&Cs apply. 18+ Warrington faces Lara on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports "Mentally, I'm really, really focused. Probably more focused than I was yesterday," Warrington told  Sky Sports . "Coming away from the press conference yesterday, just reminded myself that I have got a fight right here. "This guy boxed four times last year, he's 22, I'm 30. He's got no pressure whatsoever. The nickname 'Bronco', I do...

Deontay Wilder's team are in disarray but Dillian Whyte fight can still happen, says Eddie Hearn

Image
  Deontay Wilder has a "lot of unrest" in his team, but a showdown with Dillian Whyte remains "one of the biggest fights in boxing", says promoter Eddie Hearn. The American heavyweight's career has stalled due to an ongoing dispute over a third fight with Tyson Fury, who stopped Wilder to claim the WBC title in Las Vegas last February With Fury set to face Anthony Joshua in an undisputed world title clash, Wilder's future remains uncertain, and former trainer Mark Breland has created fresh turmoil with a scathing assessment of the Alabama man. Max stake varies. See bet slip for details. Odds subject to fluctuation. Further T&Cs apply. 18+ Wilder has entered arbitration in a bid to force another fight with Fury The American was stopped by Fury in the seventh round in Las Vegas "I think there's a lot of unrest in that team," Hearn told  Sky Sports . "Obviously Mark Breland and Jay Deas and Shelly Finkel and Al Haymon, the old saying, ...